Apple iPhone 3GS Review

• Reception

• Style

dov365's review of Apple iPhone 3GS

Apple iPhone 3GS

“sorry, could not find a better place to put this but...”

Written on: 01/02/2011 by dov365 (2 reviews written)

sorry, could not find a better place to put this but just wanted to comment on Apple repairs service. I had a 3GS phone, which after upgrading to new firmware through iTunes stopped receiving operator signal. I research this online and found at least one case simmilar to mine, where the owner sent his (out-of-warranty) 3GS phone to Apple for repairs and they sent him a replacement phone free of charge. So I initiate a repairs sequence on their website, they send me a box and I ship them the phone for repairs. Apple warns me that I may be charged up to 147 pounds sterling. I get a replacement phone back in 3-4 days and a note that I will get a receipt for service charges later in the mail. Ok, so I figure, it is their fault so even if they carge me it will not be more than couple of pounds for shipping back and forth. i was stunned when I got the receipt from them showing they charged my VISA with full 147 pounds. i got on the phone and tried to reason with them but nothing happened.the conversation was with three different representatives. One told me that it was all because the phone was out-of-warranty. second one said my phone was "PHYSICALLY" damaged, they could not fix and had to charge me 147 for replacment phone. At that point I asked him if I could just get my old phone back and return the one they send me to get my money back. He told me , no, my original phone had been disposed off or recycled or whatever so nothing they could do. Finally I get to speak to a person who called himself (no joke) "THE HIGHEST AUTHORITY" several - a total jerk who wold not say much except repeating the phrase "WE WILL NOT REFUND YOU YOUR MONEY" in a riot police officer tone. When I would not agree this looser would also tried to intimidate me by asking me how/where/when I got this phone because it was not registered to my name. Can you beleive this?

Again, apologise to fellow reviewers and readers if this is slightly out of topic or in the wrong que.