Aldwych Theatre, London Review

Guest's review of Aldwych Theatre, London

“It's interesting to see these bad reviews as I too had...”

Written on: 01/02/2011

It's interesting to see these bad reviews as I too had an awful experience only a few days ago (Jan 2011). My friends and I were actually asked to leave the theatre during the interval as they claimed we had been asked 7 times to be quiet!! This was completely untrue which we told the manager, but her response was quite simply "I've made my decision". We had been asked by the usher to quieten down twice within the first 10 minutes of the show even though we did not think we were being disruptive. When I pointed out that we had not been told 7 times to be quiet I was told "Maybe you didn't hear the usher as you were talking too much". I was not, in fact, talking AT ALL. My friends and I clapped and sang along to the songs but I can only assume this is not allowed despite having behaved this way during many other shows that I have seen.

The staff were without a doubt the rudest people I have ever had the misfortune to meet and my friends and I will be advising the Theatre of our disgust at the treatment we received. My friend's 40th Birthday celebration was ruined thanks to the rude and unprofessional staff at The Aldwych Theatre.

Guest's Comment

Written on: 19/10/2011

You should have gone to karaoke and left theatre to theatre goers. Staff respond to complaints from other patrons who did not pay to hear you wailing along to the show. The production lays down the rules - not the theatre.