Dansai 852 (Tesco) Review

TonyCo1.'s review of Dansai 852 (Tesco)

Dansai 852 (Tesco)

“The code for accessing the factory menu is turn on...”

Written on: 12/04/2002 by TonyCo1. (1 review written)

This dansai is the best.The disable region code is below. I read all the previous reviews before buying and went for this one over the 1010. This player is 100% terrific - but it now - I had a job finding a store with one left.It plays every format except movies with a .mov format (such as supplied on the vengaboys music cd Sha-la-la videomovie). Some music cd's have a free video-cd included.

This dansai 852 DVd player is the best. Like all the other reviewers, I hate the text for the Tesco Helpline - does anyone know how to remove it ?? I didn't like the 'ding' you get when the cd tray opens. Still, small price to pay for such a great package otherwise.

General Comments
The code for accessing the factory menu is turn on player -with no cd in tray - press set-up on remote.(Normal setup screen appears) now press stop - RRW (Previous chapter) - FFW (next chapter). The secret Factory Menu appears - you can now bypass the region control and switch off macrovision. [Does anyone know what the CSS feature is?]

This player worked well with MP3's showing a PC type screen, you use the arrow keys and play button (as enter), to go through the folders and select your tracks - great quality sound on this player. The scart is plugged into my video in my setup and I found it (video) needed to be also switched on to give a perfect clear screen on the TV.

The tray mechanism on my Dansai was smooth and quiet.

Its the best £99 worth I ever had. Enjoy yours too - I am on my 4th DVD player - this is the cheapest and easily the best. I had a cheapy Ariston which was good, then a Sony which didnt recognise a lot of stuff so I took it back and swapped it for a Panasonic DVD A150 which just doesn't measure up to the Dansai 852.