Costa Review

• Quality of Service

Guest's review of Costa

“I love drinking Costa Cappucino coffee and often seek...”

Written on: 28/01/2011

I love drinking Costa Cappucino coffee and often seek them out in various locations when I'm out and about. Although the Teesside Retail Park outlet is always very busy, as an observation I often find that cleanliness is below par, with empty tables often left cluttered or not cleaned or wiped over properly usually with crumbs and bits left on the table tops. Today while standing at the counter, I pointed out to the young chap serving that supposedly clean cuttlery (two knives especially) in pots on the counter hadn't been washed properly, which he quietly appologised for and removed them for cleaning. As Teesside is my area, I often compare various Costa outlets with each other. Poor score for Teesside Retail Park. Top score would in my opinion be 5 Stars (*****) for Costa on Northallert which is pleasant, kept spotless, is comfortable, has had a bit of money spent on it and the service is first class. Remember it has to compete with Betty's Tea House further along the High Street and it does very well. Durham City would be given ***, Barnard Castle **** and Eldon Square in Newcastle **** also. Come on Costa Teesside Park, spend a bit of money and make some improvements, after all it must be a gold mine the amount of custom it gets. Maybe there is room for the horrible Starbucks to create competition.

• Quality of Service