Roy's Metal Fabrication, The Basic Three Point Model Review

From 1 review
  • Sound Quality

• Appearance

Chrismoylesstoleourmaterial's review of Roy's Metal Fabrication, The Basic Three Point Model

Roy's Metal Fabrication, The Basic Three Point Model

“Despite not being able to take any exams through the...”

Written on: 14/02/2004 by Chrismoylesstoleourmaterial (4 reviews written)

Of all the string instruments this is the easiest to master.

Surprisingly poor income level generated when busking.

General Comments
Despite not being able to take any exams through the Royal Associated Board of music the triangle is my favourite string instrument. I have heard people refer to the triangle as belonging to the percussion family but this is complete ignorance. The string is the main component of the triangle, if played without string and just held in the hand it makes a very dull clunk, one not very pleasing to the trained classical ear. Despite this you cannot play the string section of an orchestra.

I would recommend Roy's Metal Fabrication of triangle for the beginner, it is quite light and will enable easy carraige to and from lessons. I would reccomend starting on this before moving on to any of the heavier Bass or Pipe triangles.

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

• Advanced

Reviewer's Musical Standard

Hang My Triangle's Response to Chrismoylesstoleourmaterial's Review

Written on: 16/02/2004

I am a prominent member of the Bermuda Triangle Choir and I wish to dispute your proposal that the triangle is a stringed instrument. While the I agree that the string is indeed fundamental to the smooth sound of a triangle it is not everything...where would the triangle be without the humble bit of metal you hit it with I ask? Without the string you can still make some noise, without a 'bit of metal' or beater there can be no sound. Therefore I must conclude that the triangle is a member of the percussion family. It also true that the string is substitutable and can be replaced with a shoe lace, rubber wire or my favourite the liquorish, edible and musical!! Now I think it's time we all just went and played our triangles till we can beat them no more!