Eco Solutions X-Tex Textured Coatings Remover Review

mercsprinter's review of Eco Solutions X-Tex Textured Coatings Remover

“does not do what it says,waiste of money,put on...”

Written on: 26/01/2011 by mercsprinter (1 review written)

does not do what it says,waiste of money,put on kitchen ceiling and left for an hour didnt touch it,applied another coat and waited another hour softened suface and just made a complete mess of my ceiling,also slight splash on my new fridge took surface of paint off and ruined that aswell.

Andrewchivers's Response to mercsprinter's Review

Written on: 05/12/2011

I am sorry to hear you didnt get on with our product X-Tex, but from reading your comments I feel you didnt give it long enough, and on hearing it made a complete mess suggests to me that you have a vinyl silk emulsion over the top of the artex.

This can turn into a gooey gloopy mess and there are ways to remove it. All paint removers will have this effect on vinyl silk as this type of emulsion contains plastic polimers. We would recommend to cut the surface lightly first with a blade which will help the X-Tex to get underneath and lift it away from the surface.

Also using a long handled blade scraper works well to lift this type of emulsion off the wall.

I am sorry to hear about your new fridge, but really when you are working with wet products you would cover the room with dust or plastic sheeting? It only goes to show that the product does work!