Travel Cheap UK, www.travelcheapuk.co.uk Review

Sandyle's review of Travel Cheap UK, www.travelcheapuk.co.uk

“I bought a return ticket to Zimbabwe in September 2010...”

Written on: 22/01/2011 by Sandyle (1 review written)

I bought a return ticket to Zimbabwe in September 2010 through Travelcheap UK and the price and service was good. My flight was cancelled due to the Air Zimbabwe airport strike. I had travel insurance but Paul from Travelcheap told me not to go that route as Air Zimbabwe would refund the whole fair. I then booked my return flight to Zimbabwe with Travelcheap on Ethiopian Airlines and paid for this new ticket in full. Air Zimbabwe have confirmed to me that they refunded Travel cheap in full BUT I only received GBP406 AND THEY WILL NOT REFUND ME THE OTHER GBP306. They do not reply to my e-mails and when I phone them (from Zimbabwe) they put the phone down on me. DISGUSTING PEOPLE!

Have you booked through this tour operator before?

Written on: 24/01/2011

Your experience mirrors my own exactly. Calls, e mails, special delivery letters all remain unanswered and yesterday someone saying they live at the registered address for travelcheapuk in Edomonton London called me to say travelcheapuk are not known at that address. E mails to the company asking where they are based remain unanswered.

Written on: 02/03/2011

Beware the travelcheapuk's own review page as it has very glowing reviews which all appeared on the same day at the time some passengers are still fighting for the refunds they are entitled to!

Sandyle's Response to Sandyle's Review

Written on: 05/02/2011

Yes, they think they are so clever. When we phone their offices, they can see we are phoning from Zimbabwe and say that we have the wrong number. They told ne husband that they were a "marriage guidance centre", or they say <name removed> does not work there anymore yet my husband has an e-mail from <name removed> that day saying please phone him on that number!! They hang up on us, etc. etc., etc.!! Disgusting behaviour for a travel company that owes you money.
<br/>I must also tell you that they did not tell me they cannot refund the taxes, they lied and said that the refund they paid me was all that they received from Air Zimbabwe yet I have confirmation from Air Zimbabwe that they were refunded the full amount!! Please also see their facebook page Travel Cheap UK and the owner, <name removed> comments to me and my facebook page Travel Cheap UK scam whereby there is another lady with the same issue with them. thanks

Written on: 24/01/2011

I found this review very helpful because it told me I am not alone in having trouble getting my airport tax refunded by this company. How many more of us are there I wonder!!