The Third Space, Soho Review

Guest's review of The Third Space, Soho

The Third Space, Soho

“Worst gym experience I have ever had. I've been a...”

Written on: 21/01/2011

Worst gym experience I have ever had. I've been a member here for almost a year and I will not be renewing my contract. I don't know where to start. The staff are incredibly incompetent and rude. Customer service is a joke. They basically sell you a very expensive membership and once they have you under contract do absolutely nothing to help or make sure you're happy. I have complained numerous times, calmly, diplomatically but they never get back to you. I spent a half hour in the office speaking to the floor manager nicely and calmly regarding some of the issues I had experienced in the club she seemed quite understand and told me that I was totally right and somebody would call me or email me soon. It never happened.

I recently booked a few personal training sessions at 60.00 pounds an hour thinking I would train with someone a few times a week for a few months I was ready to buy 20 sessions - THANK GOD I DIDN'T. On Both occasions the trainer showed up 15 mins late and left after 45 minutes - charging me for the full hour. He talked to other people through out our whole workout and left me basically to do the weights on my own. At one point I asked him how many reps I had done and he said " Oh sorry where are we at, again? " WHAT A JOKE!

The staff have no sense of humility or concern for your comfort or satisfaction. The receptionists are snappy and cold.

The change rooms are over crowded and not up to par for being the most expensive health club in London.

The gym has often been closed or shut randomly and suddenly for water problems or electric problems. And no talk of reimbursement of days fees. They just send out a text the morning of.

The owner of the gym is a complete moron also. And rude at that.

After many a happy experience at other health clubs before coming to London from the states, I have to say this is handsdown not only the worst, most upsetting experience with a gym but also ironically, the most expensive. I don't mind paying for something that's worth it but this gym just infuriates me.