Fred Olsen, Boudicca Review

• Food - quality & variety

• Entertainment on board

Guest's review of Fred Olsen, Boudicca

“This was my first cruise with my wife and my parents....”

Written on: 21/01/2011

This was my first cruise with my wife and my parents. Albeit my wife and I are in our early fifties, out of the 800 or more passengers onboard we were among the youngest 10%. Even my parents who are in their seventies noted that there were an unusually high number of old people, zimmerframes, wlaking sticks and wheelchairs on board.

The entertainment and the entertainment venues were abysmal. The Gym and Gym programme was laughable. The Spa was expensive and no effort was made to provide a relaxing atmosphere.

The food was acceptable however dining times were to regimented. The price of drinks were reasonable. Novovirus struck towards the end of the cruise.

As a smoker I was only allowed to smoke in one small area on the outside deck, this was frustrating especially when it was cold.

The Casino facilities consisted of one blackjack and one roulette table and the opening hours were governed by the Filipino Croupiers..I rectified this by complaining.

I could go on however I think you get the gist regarding my views on this cruise . Regular cruisers had many of the same views and as such I may cruise again however not with Fred Olsen.

On a final note, hardly any effort was made to make this special for the festive season....disappointing

• 21 December 2010