Cineworld Review

• Choice Of Films

• Refreshments

zecko's review of Cineworld

“I have had an unlimited card since 2003 and for the...”

Written on: 19/01/2011 by zecko (3 reviews written)

I have had an unlimited card since 2003 and for the first time I am considering not renewing for the following reasons:

-The unlimited card does not allow you to pre-book so for blockbuster movies you have to go the cinema really early to ensure a seat. There have been times when I decided to pay online (even if I have a card) to make sure I had a place because I couldn't be there an hour before.

-Even if you have an unlimited card, you get charged a extra fee for 3D movies, not for the glasses (that's another extra..) but the simple fact that it'a s 3D movie! Since a lot of movie released these days are 3D, I often have to pay this surcharge (£1.50)

- They keep increasing the price of popcorn and drinks (£7.20 for combo!), although the quality has declined significantly in recent years The popcorn is no longer made onsite, coming in giant blue rubbish bags. Given how stale and cold the porcorn is sometimes, I wonder if they outsourced production to China...

- I find that the choice of movies in Central London is not very good, some blockbusters are not even shown at Piccadilly/Haymarket and sometimes I have to go all the way to Canary Wharf to see something,

-The quality of the screens is also getting worse, at the Chelsea/Fulham Rd cinemas there are often damages or stains on the screen, which are very visible when digital movies are presented. Often the movie projection will not be centered properly and white edges are visible or the movie is projected outside the borders of the screen, a bit amateurish for a central London venue, you usually see this in 3rd world countries...

-Different cinemas have different policies regarding the unlimited card, sometimes I wanna go see two movies in a row but the cashier will refuse, saying I have to come back for the 2nd ticket. Sometimes they will accept to issue both tickets at the same time. Once I was refused the 2nd ticket, and when I got back to the till after the 1st movie to get my ticket for the 2nd one, it was sold out!

-The Cineworld in West India Quay, located above a gym, often reeks of chlorine from the pool below. It is often frequented by rowdy local youths drinking alcohol that no other cinemas would let in.

• Chelsea/Fulham/Shaftesbury/Haymarket