John Lewis www.johnlewis.com Review

Guest's review of John Lewis www.johnlewis.com

“I have been a loyal John Lewis customer for many years...”

Written on: 14/01/2011

I have been a loyal John Lewis customer for many years but my last two orderd from their website have been an absolute nightmare. My first order was a bedside table to be delivered to my house. After two weeks i called John Lewis to enquire about the delivery and they told me they had tried to deliver the day before at 7pm however no one was in so they left a card - total lie. We were in, sitting in the front room by the window, no courier and no card. Checked the address was correct etc, and they said they'd deliver again. 3 days later i called again and same story, so basically the courir company were lying about trying to deliver. I called again and they re-shceduled delivery for a saturday and i made sure they noted my mobile number so the courier could ring in case they got lost. Courier calls, Saturday morning, can't find us so i give him directions. He arrives and openly admits that they hadn't been able to find us the last two times - i was flabergasted! Why had they not called if they got lost or noted on the system they couldn't find the house instead of lied and said they'd left a card!

This time, to save any issues i ordered a delivery to my office in the centre of London where i have never had any problems before and is manned 24hrs with security on every entrance. Two weeks go by and again i call John Lewis, same story, courier tried to deliver but no one in so left a card! Where i asked? And how could they not find a single person in an office of over 100 people! I was furious, called back jsut now, same story, tried to deliver y'day but no one in however today she tells me they tried at the house!I have never been so angry. Now i have to wait for the courier company to send the goods back to John Lewis beofre i can have a refund and who knows how long that will take!

Sent a complaints letter to John Lewis two days ago after the first failed delivery attempt and still no response. I would never ever recommend using John Lewis online. The out sourced courier service let their ususally high standards down.

• 70.00