Wharfedale CRS9 Review

• Sound Quality

Guest's review of Wharfedale CRS9

Wharfedale CRS9

“Ive had these Wharfedale CRS9 for 12-15 years! I am...”

Written on: 13/01/2011

Ive had these Wharfedale CRS9 for 12-15 years! I am currently using them as my front speakers for my current home theater system.I'm running a 100 watt x5 Denon receiver rated at .05 distortion. These speakers are still amazing! Warm bright, punchy, clean, durable!

I did blow a mid-range speaker a few years ago but I got it re-coned and they haven't missed a beat since.

I am a musician and audiophile and I cannot imagine what it would cost to replace these speakers today... $1200-$2000.00(CAD) at least! Dont know why i would want to?

I also have some small Wharfedale bookshelf speakers as my surround speakers. My daughter stepped on one and I went out looking for a replacement for $200.00(CAD) which is what I paid for them but everything I listened to was messy and not as clean... so I got the speaker fixed for $75.00 They are still going today after a decade of cranking them up! ok i like to play loud... I'm an electric guitar player...

Final recommendation: These are awesome speakers and they will probably last until i die... seriously.. I am going to replace my center channel speaker which is about 8 years old and I will be checking out the Wharfedales!

• Sound Quality