Skaala - Finland Review

jashman's review of Skaala - Finland

“SKAALA windows. There is 1 very positive review of...”

Written on: 12/01/2011 by jashman (1 review written)

SKAALA windows. There is 1 very positive review of these on this site. My experience is completely the opposite. Not because of the quality of the windows because we still don't know that. Since signing the contract for them there has been a catalogue of errors compounded by extremely poor verging on incompetent handling and communication by the English office. This now means the windows are 8 weeks late and still they cannot get it right or even communicate the problems and delays. If timely delivery is not an issue for you and you can cope with being ignored and/or misled then SKAALA windows may be OK in terms of the end product, but don't expect even adequate customer service getting to that point.

Jane Ashman

Nogelwal's Response to jashman's Review

Written on: 23/09/2012

Absolutely agree. I am dealing with Skaala UK who are an absolute shambles; presalespromises & talk brilliant but actual performance abysmal. They do not know their product, there seems to be no communication between the UK & Finland, & their delivery & erection service has been very poor. We are still waiting for replacement windows, for windows that were incorrectly supplied, six months after the original delvery date & as a direct consequence my project is six months late. The Scottish management has a very unusual style of addressing problems - they ignore you. the contract I am talking about is for a big house with 60 windows & a contract value of £60K. They have cost the contract at least this amount in extra costs & interest payments. I wish I had never heard of them. September 2012.

Written on: 13/11/2012

I suggest you take them to court.... I did.

Written on: 15/11/2012

Jashman - Well done; I trust you had satisfaction. What office were you dealing with?

Written on: 19/11/2012

Both and had contact with Directors in Finland on various accasions for the same reasons you have discovered. Going to court produced a judgement against them in fact with the amount to be decided at which point we went to mediation and settled. We didn't cover all our losses but it was better than having done nothing but be angry!

Written on: 27/01/2013

Thanks for this info. Our problems still continue & a resolution seems miles away. I am reluctant to go to court, although I think it inevitable, as I do not want to throw good money after bad. I have umpteen questions about your experience; is there anway we could chat?

Written on: 28/01/2013

Sorry to here you are still having problems, do you have any of your windows yet???
Not sure about the protocols on this site and that this is publicly accessible so I don't want to give contact details out. Would be happy to help if I can offline. Perhaps contact the website and ask how we could be put in direct contact.

Written on: 05/02/2013