Mossberg Model 500 Review

Guest's review of Mossberg Model 500

“I purchased my mossberg 500 brand new this year, and...”

Written on: 09/01/2011

I purchased my mossberg 500 brand new this year, and have used it about 5 times. It is a nice gun for the money, but just have a couple problems with it and was wondering if anybody else has had or has the same issues. It seems that the butt keeps coming loose where it meets at the chamber after its shot. My gunsmith put a shim in between hoping that it would give more thread to tighten the bolt that holds it together. The other prob is that the shells stick at times when feeding them into the magazine tube. Other then that its a great gun i bought the mossy oak version and i like to think it looks pretty sharp. I shoot winchester elite sabot slugs within 4inch pattern at 125 yrds. if anybody could give me feed back that would be great. Happy hunting

Guest's Comment

Written on: 06/09/2011

iwas told to sand down the edges slightly of the plug thats located in the magazine tube... its edges catch a little when the gun is brand new..

Bill4165's Comment

Written on: 10/01/2013

ON THE INIERIOR SCREW CONNECTING THE STOCK TO THE RECIEVER A LIGHT COAT OF LOCK TIGHT SHOULD FIX THE ISSUE I HOPE THISN IS HELPFUL

BILL LION