Allen Carr, Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking Review

Guest's review of Allen Carr, Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking

Allen Carr, Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking

“I've been smoking since I was eleven and I'm now...”

Written on: 06/01/2011

I've been smoking since I was eleven and I'm now twenty. Last year I really wanted to quit for all the usual reasons (money, bad cough, bad smell, yellowing teeth). I used the patches and lasted a few days before I gave in and had a cigarette. I had decided over the Christmas period that I wanted to give up sometime in the New Year. I went to the library (I didn't even buy the book!) and got Allen Carrs The Easy Way To Quit book. I'm still reading it, but I finished my last packet of cigarettes yesterday and havent had one now for 19 hours! Usually I'd be tearing my hair out but I feel great! The book is revolutionary, it makes you realise that you're not 'giving up' smoking, you're 'escaping'. I was such a confirmed smoker before, I could easily chain smoke through times of boredom/excitement/car trips/in hotels/at home etc etc. I thought I'd be a smoker for life. I know it's only been a day but I feel so different from the last time I quit, I'm barely getting withdrawal symptoms, they're ever so slight and I'm using my 'Tangle' from the quit kit or downing glasses of water or putting my favourite song on and singing and dancing madly to pass the cravings. Anybody considering or even not considering ESCAPING cigarettes should read this book!!!! I shall write another review in a month when I have goneone month being smokefree :)

• Paperback