The Jeremy Kyle Show Review

Guest's review of The Jeremy Kyle Show

“It shocks me to the core that a man who purports to be...”

Written on: 05/01/2011

It shocks me to the core that a man who purports to be intelligent is so ignorant of the facts that alcoholism and drug addition is a disease. I am a recovering alcoholic, I am by no means a 'scrote' as JK purports those with alcohol problems to have. I have two degrees, two homes, I work full time (and always have done) and raise my child single handedly. My life became unmaageable with alcohol to which I used as a crutch following many years of abuse at the hands of my father and my brother and a shortlived violent marriage, the death of my child by a drunk driver and spinal cancer at the age of 36...... but by the grace of God after many years of endeavouring to access support without much hope I finally received help after almost killing myslef in despair. This programme ridcules and violates a very serious illness ad clearly should not be aired in such a manner. Jeremy Kyle is only an actor, although how he can sleep at night in his cosy bed surrounnded by his wife and four privilaged children after contributing ridicule to the still suffering alcoholic I will never know !!!!!

• Jeremy Kyle