Guild D-25 Review

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

TelemarkTumalo's review of Guild D-25

Guild D-25

“Just got a 1976 D25M off of Craigslist. It is a one...”

Written on: 05/01/2011 by TelemarkTumalo (1 review written)

Just got a 1976 D25M off of Craigslist. It is a one owner, all original bridge, nut and tuners. Much better than average condition for a 34 year old instrument. A few nicks and scratches and the owner remembered how they were all earned, no checking, no cracks. The sound is much better than I expected, with decent low tones and a very full mid-range. Good playability and the action is decent. This guitar really feels good, looks great and sounds awesome. I paid $500 for the guitar, maybe a bit more than some I've seen, but the condition is so good and and I expect to have it for years. My comparison is a Martin D28 that I sold several years ago. While I don't have it for direct comparison, my memory tells me that this one plays just as well and the broadcast seems a bit louder in the midrange with similar low end. Not as pretty as the Martin but much less expensive. I couldn't be happier!

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

• Intermediate

Reviewer's Musical Standard