The Slab House Inn, Wells Review

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Guest's review of The Slab House Inn, Wells

“I rang the Slab House in November 2010 to book a table...”

Written on: 02/01/2011

I rang the Slab House in November 2010 to book a table for 14 guests, This was for our Family Christmas get together. I asked the person who answered the phone what dates they were open over the Chrismas period, and he told me that they were closed Mondays and Sunday evenings, I booked the table for Tuesday 28th December 2010 for 1pm lunch time, I gave my phone number and address so he could send me some menus, Menus arrived so I had no reason to think there was any problem. I rang the pub on the Tuesday morning to check if all was well, but there was no answer, so I thought they must be busy, When we arrived at the Slab House IT WAS CLOSED!!!!!!!!!!!! Some of my Family had come quite along way to meet up with us at the Slab House. We were all very angry and dissapointed as we have always had no problems with the Slab House in the past. They could not be bothered to ring me to let me know they were going to be closed that day. Well the rumours about the Slab House are true, no one knows when they are open or closed, or even if the food is any good since it changed ownership. WELL WE WILL NOT BE BOTHERING TO GO THERE AGAIN, TO EVEN TRY AND FIND OUT.

• Burgers

Food Type

• Under £5

Average cost per head

• Once or twice a year

How often do you eat here?

• Suits all