Yamaha RBX-170 Review

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

Guest's review of Yamaha RBX-170

Yamaha RBX-170

“I have been playing bass for nearly 20 years, I...”

Written on: 28/12/2010

I have been playing bass for nearly 20 years, I flatter myself that I have experience of the very best and worst instruments out there. My neighbours son is just getting started and has been looking at the usual far eastern copies of the big names, you know the kind of things which look great but aren't. Then he bought a Yamaha RBX-170 for very sensible money. He asked me to tune it for him and quite frankly this thing is excellent, It plays well from the box, its finish is excellent and it handles well. Its never going to be a stage instrument but neither is it meant to be. For a learner this is the sort of thing that makes you want to pick it up and try a bit harder. I would say along with the GSR 180 and 200 from Ibanez this is a superb starter instrument and far far better than the ones which look like the big American names but cant hold a candle to this thing. Excellent instrument, worth twice the price easy.

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

• Advanced

Reviewer's Musical Standard