Evo Hosting, www.evohosting.co.uk Review

Guest's review of Evo Hosting, www.evohosting.co.uk

“As a web developer, I am always on the lookout for a...”

Written on: 23/12/2010

As a web developer, I am always on the lookout for a great hosting company to recommend to my clients, but until now I have been unable to do so because I have had such appalling service from some of the big players that I couldn't bring myself to endorse or recommend them.

I noticed that EvoHosting had some good reviews on here, so I decided to give them a try - and I'm glad I did. They are by far the best hosting company I have ever used. Their customer service is excellent (not something you typically associate with a hosting company - GoDaddy anyone?) and their prices are very competitive. I have opened a support ticket on about 6 separate occasions now, and have been answered within 30 minutes every single time.

To give a more specific example: I had some particular requirements for one of my websites that required a change to php.ini and I didn't see in the "small print" that this was not allowed for security reasons. I opened a support ticket asking the tech guys at Evo if they could make the changes, and had a reply back within 5 minutes from their MD saying that he was sorry but it was not allowed, but he would offer me a complete refund - no questions asked! Eventually, after explaining the change to him in more detail, he let me off and made the changes as a gesture of goodwill. There are not many hosting companies that would offer this kind of personal service.

If you are reading these reviews trying to find a decent hosting company, give Evo a try; you will not be disappointed.