Crown Carveries - www.crowncarveries.co.uk Review

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Mamma2 five's review of Crown Carveries - www.crowncarveries.co.uk

“Whilst travelling on Wednesday 15th Dec 2010 we...”

Written on: 22/12/2010 by Mamma2 five (14 reviews written)

Whilst travelling on Wednesday 15th Dec 2010 we stopped for a late lunch at this very busy pub. Although it was after 2pm every table in the restaurant was taken but we were very comfortably seated in the bar area, in lovely armchairs. We ordered drinks and carvery lunches at the bar and within a few short minutes we had received our drinks, paid our bill and were being served at the carvery. There was a choice of 3 meats, ham-on-the-bone, turkey and roast beef and we all asked for some of each. Although a carvery lunch only costa £3.69ppp on weekdays, our meat portions were extremely generous. We had a yorkshire, turkey stuffing, a choice of 3 types of potato, together with baby Brussel Sprouts, swede, peas, cauliflower cheese and a variety of 7 sauces and gravies. As if that wasn't enough we were invited to go back for more vegetables if we wanted.

This is staggering value for money. I could not hope to get such a meal in my area for under £7.00 on a weekday. Indeed I know of no other pub with a lower priced roast lunch.

I have never been to this particular pub before but I am familiar with some country Crown Carvery Pubs in the North of England and this experience is typical of all my visits. I think they are absolutely great value for money, lovely fresh food served quickly and efficiently, an a la carte menu with a good variety of kids' menus, and usually a kids' playpark too. At very busy times, there are long queues at the bar and at the food counter.....but be assured it's well worth the wait!!

• Over £25

Average cost per head

• First time

How often do you eat here?

• Family-oriented