Discover Egypt, Royal Viking Review

• Food - quality & variety

• Entertainment on board

Guest's review of Discover Egypt, Royal Viking

“we had never been on a cruise before and as fit and...”

Written on: 19/12/2010

we had never been on a cruise before and as fit and active peple were uneasy.No need to be. On this cruise you are active most of the time - up at unearthly times for the trips, tramping over uneven surfaces but all so worthwhile as the tombs and temples will not disappoint.

Royal Viking is a lovely boat. We paid for top deck - def worthwhile. Cabins smart and clean with sitting area. Disappointing that you sometimes moor in the middle of a line of boats so you can't open your curtains but this is true for all boats on Nile.

Food was rather bland, over cooked veg, a bit like school dinners to me. I expected better for 5 star. No filter coffee only Nescafe sachets.

Staff are wonderful. Kind, helpful and funny. The towels on the beds are brilliant - elephant with my sunhat, crocodile in sunglasses etc

In spiteof my feelings about the food it was a wonderful trip which I would repeat happily.

In fact there was 1 elderly man on our cruise who was on his 23rd trip on the Nile!! Need I say more?

• 22 Nov 2010

Date of Cruise

• 7

Nights on board

• Nile cruise - Royal Viking

Itinerary Name

• outside balcony top deck

Cabin Type