Redfern Eurosteam Review

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

Guest's review of Redfern Eurosteam

“I bought this iron at a trade show. The demonstration...”

Written on: 18/12/2010

I bought this iron at a trade show. The demonstration was very convincing but when I began to use it I was disappointed. It runs out of water quickly and you end up filling it 3 or 4 times per ironing session. My biggest compaint about it is the handle. After about 6 months I noticed the handle was sticky. With time it is getting worse and worse. I have now had to take nail polish remover to see if I can get off the gummy coating that is all over the handle. If I can't get it off I will not be able to use this iron unless I use a glove of some sort. This may sound crazy but it's true. Anyone else have this problem?

• More than 1 year

Owned Product For:

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

Guest's Comment

Written on: 26/06/2011

Yes, I have this problem too!! I was getting so frustrated and happened to Google 'sticky handle Euro Steam iron' and found your comment! Today I tried 409, Magic Eraser and Goo Gone--nothing worked! I'd love to know if you find a solution. I don't like using it with that sticky handle :(

Deniseb's Comment

Written on: 15/08/2011

I had the same experience. You can't get rid of the stickiness. I just wrapped the handle in gauze. I used a gauze pad from our first aid kit - it's the right size. It fixes the problem, but it's ridiculous to have to bandage your iron handle isn't it?!

Guest's Comment

Written on: 15/08/2011

Same problem, feel a little ripped off...I wrapped the handle in a gauze pad. It's just the right size and feels a lot better. The stickiness won't wash off. The handle must be made from the wrong material.

Don't buy this iron.