B&Q www.diy.com Review

tboswell's review of B&Q www.diy.com

“Bought a designed bathroom from B&Q, Cooke and Lewis...”

Written on: 17/12/2010 by tboswell (1 review written)

Bought a designed bathroom from B&Q, Cooke and Lewis supplied. Went to fit the Beatrice handbasin, and the "Timeless" porcelain handle taps looked wonderful, until you tried to fit the pipe manifold to connect the two taps and the mixer outlet. the pipe was 640 mm long, and the actual distance between the taps was 220mm. I phoned the Cooke and Lewis helpline, and was told by the lady who eventually answered that I was trying to fit them wrong, and I should, "Bend the pipe into a swan neck, and connect the taps first, then the mixer outlet". I tried to tell her that this would just kink the pipe and cut the water supply off, but she was adamant that I was doing it wrong.I then went back to B&Q , where an experienced plumbing assistant told me I was right, and there was no way to fit the pipe without kinking it and cutting the water supply. The indifference of the bathroom section personnel was incredible, and they had no stock to check if had been given a faulty pipe assy. I left B&Q after being informed there was nothing they could do, and to re contact Cooke and Lewis. This I did, and was told I would be sent a diagram of how to fit the pipe, this never appeared, and I was also informed that no one could give me any technical advice as the taps are manufactured in Turkey. All this is taking place a week before christmas, and it looks like we will have no basin for the holiday period. I am disgusted with some staff at B&Q, and stunned at the lack of response from Cooke and Lewis.

• Cooke and Lewis bathroom- £2500