Remit2india Review

• Speed of service

Guest's review of Remit2india

“This is perhaps the worst customer service experience...”

Written on: 09/12/2010

This is perhaps the worst customer service experience I've ever gone through.

I sent about $2,000 to India. After 3 days, my beneficiary's account hadn't been credited. Now starts

the fun part. It's impossible to talk to these customer service reps. They'd each give me difference answer every time I called. They wouldn't give me their names nor that of their managers.

At this point, I was seriously thinking whether this was a scam, but I still had hope since this was Times India subsidiary. Sometimes, they wouldn't even pick up the phone even when I call numerous times, and the call center seems to be awful and unprofessional since you can hear chatter and noise in the background.

After 2 weeks, I asked them to fully cancel my transaction and reverted it back to me, but they said they couldn't do it. One rep tells me the money is there, next time I call, someone else tells me it's en route, and each giving me different dates on when the money was sent. Then, another rep tells me it was sent to the wrong bank and the next one tells me it was rejected and sent back.

After 5 weeks of this stupid drama, it was finally decided that I had put one # wrong on my beneficiary's account #. After a week more of waiting, my beneficiary finally got the money.

If you want bad customer service, go with Remit 2 india. If you want horrible customer service if something goes wrong go with Remit 2 India. I wouldn't even recommend Remit 2 India to my worst enemy. Spend extra, go with Western Union. Better safe that sorry.

• Personal