Brand Alley - www.brandalley.co.uk Review

Guest's review of Brand Alley - www.brandalley.co.uk

“The idea of Brand Alley is genius. Companies have...”

Written on: 03/12/2010

The idea of Brand Alley is genius. Companies have excess stock to get rid of and customers want to shop online without having to go bargain hunting in crowded venues.

But it's run in a very bad way. It's almost got so big it's got out of control with very few staff managing it.

I have placed a variety of orders with Brand Alley. The first occasion I purchased a pair of £150 jeans. They had to be returned because they had white marks on. I received a prompt refund, but it didn't include P&P refund (£5). Cue lengthy phone calls and countless e-mails. Finally a refund.

Another attempt at purchasing a bracelet and necklace resulted in me being sent the incorrect item. I was promised by item would be sent out as SOON as I sent out the INCORRECT item they had sent me. I was starting to get agitated, they sent ME the incorrect item, and yet expected ME to rectify it.

After paying £7 to return the incorrect item to them, I waited 2 weeks before contacting them again to chase MY item. The response? The courier company had lost it. Had anyone bothered to contact me? No. Had anyone processed the refund? No. I had to chase for 2 weeks to get my refund. When asked whether they'd refund my £7 postage return, I was point blank refused as they didn't "refund returned items" even though I was sent the wrong items!! I was promised a £10 gift card but that never arrived either.

I thought i'd give them one final chance.

I've ordered some shoes for my sister's xmas present. Their website GUARANTEES delivery in time for Christmas. I placed the order on the 15th November. Their website says the item will be dispatched by the 20th December. If they don't keep to their promise I won't be using them again.

• various, incl. shoes, bags etc

• Still waiting