Dell Vostro A860 Review

• Screen Quality

• Battery Life

Guest's review of Dell Vostro A860

Dell Vostro A860

“I got this as a graduation present about a year and a...”

Written on: 02/12/2010

I got this as a graduation present about a year and a half ago and I cannot take it to class with me. The battery life is HORRIBLE! It might last an hour and a half.

After having it less than 6 months the mother board died on me conveniently two weeks before my first finals. I had done NOTHING to it except let it sit on the table plugged in for two days. No food, but my dad still doesn't believe me.

It is very noisy. The disc drive constantly falls off when I try to put CD's in and it is extremely noisy... not that it really matters since the speakers are TERRIBLE! The sound quality is extremely distorted. Plus the CPU unit is also extremely noisy at times... my friends think I'm torturing it when I'm searching google.

The touch pad sometimes does whatever it wants to, and it takes FOREVER to start up. It will just show a black screen for a few minutes before showing the home screen. While my friends have a very good wireless connection on their laptops, mine wont even recognize there is a network at all (and yes I did figure out how to turn it to wireless).

The laptop is overall easy to use... if it would work correctly. I HIGHLY recommend NOT buying this horrid device Dell Vostro A860. Although it is cheap, it is not worth wasting your money on.

• Over 1 Year