Woolworths - www.woolworths.co.uk Review

Guest's review of Woolworths - www.woolworths.co.uk

“I took advantage of a 'special offer' for an DSi XL. I...”

Written on: 02/12/2010

I took advantage of a 'special offer' for an DSi XL. I was given a date for delivery. The item did not arrive that day. Nor did it arrive the day after that, nor the day after that. No communication from Woolworths or Shop Direct Group (owners of the Woolworths brand). When I called there was a refusal to answer even basic questions. After several hours of trying to get details I learned that the company did not have the item it sold me. I have now been offered a higher priced and different item with a 10% discount meaning that I would end up paying more than what I paid originally and for a product that is not the item I wanted.

When I tried to escalate the matter it proved even more difficult and promises to respond to my complaint were not kept to. Rather the company has adopted an approact of fobbing off my complaint and their failures with one excuse after anouther. They either operate in ignorance of distance selling consumer law or they simply don't care and see themselves above the law.

I had a similar experience with another one of their operations a few months ago - Littlewoods - so this is clearly not a one-off incident.

My advise to others is to AVOID this retailer and ALL of their subsidiaries. If you do deal with them be prepared for SUBSTANTIAL problems and wastage of your time - and LOTS of frustration.

Out of ten I would give this retailer 1."

• DSi XL, £ 132.95 but not is stock and an ent