Beretta 682 gold e. 32 Review

Keith846's review of Beretta 682 gold e. 32

“I have waited to write a review because I needed to...”

Written on: 02/12/2010 by Keith846 (1 review written)

I have waited to write a review because I needed to give this gun a decent chance before deciding.!!

I wanted a gun from new to be sure of its history so I bought the Beretta 682 Gold e with 30" barrels and Optima extended chokes.

Budget, as with most, was a factor to a degree but I wanted to make sure I was getting the best/most gun for my money as I wanted to choose well and choose right for the next 5yrs+.

I shoot once a week with good friends who both have more money than me, but both are very capable shots, but I regularly beat them with a gun I believe is a serious contender with theirs. One shoots with a DT10, the other a Perazzi MX12. I seriously considered the DT10 but after using it many times I found it cumbersome and slow as I shoot sporting 90% of the time. The Perazzi is again an awesome gun and one I hope to buy in the future as I find it suited to me and I shoot straight with it, but it costs too much, for me, from new.

My last two were a 686 Beretta then a Teknys Stonecoat Semi-auto(very good), but I have always favoured the O/U.

Good Points: Very pointable, well balanced, low recoil, the list goes on this is a very fine shooter and I find it easier to handle next to the DT10 which I find chunky(unusual for Beretta)

Bad Points: None really except the price of these guns seems to be going up and up. I paid £2200 in May 2010 but I don't regret it. Maybe some of the metal work could be better as there are a few rough edges around the ejectors but that is to be expected.

Overall: I think I have made a very good buy as my shooting has improved a considerable amount and am hitting clays from all angles, if I miss its me not the gun. This gun in my opinion comes Highly Recommended!!