San Carlo, Birmingham Review

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Sunnysideup88's review of San Carlo, Birmingham

“I went to San Carlo a few weeks ago for a friends...”

Written on: 23/11/2010 by Sunnysideup88 (4 reviews written)

I went to San Carlo a few weeks ago for a friends birthday dinner, I already read many reviews about it via other sites, but thought I would make it my personal mission to write a review about it here online.

The reviews were far and widely split with being "Amazing" to "Atrocious", where do I stand? Absolutely "Atrocious" this place prides itself on being

on, quoted from site "Famous for winning both regional and national awards time after time, San Carlo Birmingham offers a very modern yet authentic approach to fine Italian cuisine, using the freshest produce and ingredients"

Well to be honest the food here is nice, however the portions are laughable with the prices towering over the food! I did give the food 2 stars as it was not bad but not great from what I paid!

The service is a joke, with pretentious waiters that work there.....

What I think is a joke, how popular this place is with the bad reviews, poor service and poor food....... It would be nice to see how much repeat business they get as they are busy in there.......

What's their selling point is that their front door is piled with celebrities who have been there, at least once.....

But yeah if you want to try Italian food in an overrated Italian restaurant by all means, GO!

Thank you!

• Italian

Food Type

• £5-10

Average cost per head

• First time

How often do you eat here?

• Casual