The Dog Inn, Pentrich Review

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Guest's review of The Dog Inn, Pentrich

“We had just moved into the Pentrich area and had been...”

Written on: 22/11/2010

We had just moved into the Pentrich area and had been told to go to The Dog Inn for food as it had an excellent reputation. My partner had pre booked the table earlier on in the day and specifically told them that we had children 3, 8 & 15, they said they didnt cater for children but to bring them and they would be fine !Well I can assure you it was not fine at all we got there and were told to take a seat in the waiting area a woman came up to us and the first thing she said was "we dont do kids meals" I explained that when we had booked they said we can bring children so she said "ok " My 3 yr old daughter who is a bit of a live wire decided to go for a walk in the restaurant, she didnt run or make any noise ( she was just being nosey) the manager came over to us and said "she cant be running around like that our regulars wont like it, most people pay a babysitter to look after their children when they come here" I was absolutely appalled at the way I was spoken to, it was rude, unprovoked and totally uncalled for. I decided to ignore her comments as I was not in the mood for confrontation that day, we went on to have our food but felt very uncomfortable the whole evening. The food however is very nice but without the atmosphere whats the point?

• Modern European

Food Type

• Under £5

Average cost per head

• First time

How often do you eat here?

• Intimate

Atmosphere

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Guest's Comment

Written on: 16/07/2011

totally agree we had kids with us and staff were soooo rude