The Dog Inn, Pentrich Review

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Guest's review of The Dog Inn, Pentrich

“I came here tonight to celebrate my engagement. The...”

Written on: 22/11/2010

I came here tonight to celebrate my engagement. The service I recieved was appaling - the manageress was speaking down toher staff like dirt on the floor in front of other customers, making myself and my party feel very uncomfortable. When the food was served an hour after it had been ordered, we recieved a dish with an ingredient in that I had asked the manageress to leave out due to an allergy, however, when I asked this, the waitress had no idea if the ingredient was in there or not, and when this was passed on to the manager, I had to wait a further 10 minutes until she came to discuss it with me. Another half an hour later and my meal had finally arrived as I had asked for it.

We decided to take all this with a pinch of salt - it was quite busy, and the young, inexperienced waitresses didn't seem to know what it was they were supposed to be doing and had little guidance from the powers that be - their manager. Our main course then arrived before our starters had been taken away, and this caused a lot of hassle and faffing about with the plates. I bought a round of drinks, only to have finished my main course by the time they arrived.

We were then given the dessert board, only to be told that most of the desserts were unavailable. This left us with two options - eaton mess or cheesecake. We ordered 4 eaton mess and 3 cheese cake, only to be told that there wasn't enough cheese cake and would we prefer a 5th eaton mess instead.

Over all, poor service, untrained staff and appaling food.

Never again.

• Other

Food Type

• £5-10

Average cost per head

• First time

How often do you eat here?

• Casual

Atmosphere

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Guest's Comment

Written on: 16/07/2011

that manageress is so rude