La Tasca Review

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Guest's review of La Tasca

“Wednesday, in La Tasca Leeds: ”

Written on: 21/11/2010

Wednesday, in La Tasca Leeds:

Awful! We were 3 mins late, which I apologised for. The Maitre d' pointed at our table (we were not escorted) and said he was running late anyway. to cut a long story you were very busy (but this should be expected with the amount of offers in place) and despite getting the attention of 3 waiters we did not have anyone take our drinks order until 7.50 (45 mins after arrival) we also ordered food. This arrived at 8.45. We jokingly asked the waiter if we could order our next dishes immediately to cut down on the wait and he stated "it may be an idea, theres a 45 minute wait in the kitchen". Given that we'd waited 1hr 40mins for the initial dish, we decided to do this. There were 4 diners so we ordered our next 3 dishes and began to eat. One of my friend's dishes was cold, so she got the waiters attention and he said he'd change this. He did, and shortly reappeared with a hot dish. As my friend dished this onto her plate she discovered a thick, short, white hair in the sauce.

We called over the Maitre d' who said "what do you want me to do, look in the kitchen?" we explained that we had not had a great experiance, and outlined our total issues (which he was previously aware of) and he argued back about the busyness and that we "should have gone to the bar initially". In a restaurant? What a joke.

Our meals were barely touched, and we stated we would not be paying for anything. As requested by the Maitre d' we provided our contact details.

I work in Leeds and have been to the restaurant quite regularly with colleagues and friends. I am deeply unhappy with the service and overall experiance. I doubt I shall dine here again! I understand the staff were busy but surely if you have several offers on there should be enough staff to cover this.

Some of the staff also need to consider basic training, as their manners and people skills leave a lot to be desired.

• Under £5

Average cost per head

• Once a month

How often do you eat here?

• Lively

Atmosphere

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

• La Tasca, Leeds

Restaurant name & location

Gcee's Comment

Written on: 20/01/2011

I found this review very helpful because... it is true. I had the same experience. Food took AGES and was not good either. Staff very average... felt uncomfortable