CZ 452 American .22 LR Review

• Accuracy

• Handling

layton49r's review of CZ 452 American .22 LR

“Purchased my 452-cz several months ago and have had it...”

Written on: 12/11/2010 by layton49r (1 review written)

Purchased my 452-cz several months ago and have had it to the range three times. It is a.17 cal. full stock version and looks great. I topped it with a Tasco 6-24x42mm scope. Thought I had a winner. Well, not so. Now I'm no expert by any stretch, but I know a bad trigger when I feel it and this one is well beyond bad. The bolt binds and if the clip isn't inserted just perfectly the bolt cant close. For a rifle that is so highly regarded I find it to be sub-standard. As I stated, I'm no expert but I decided to remove the action from the stock to see if I could determine why there was so much gritty-creep present. What I found was a poorly machined sear improperly aligned and cast parts badly cast. In short, this trigger has almost no chance of ever being anything but bad. Now I have to spend a substantial amount of money on a proper trigger befor I can determine how accurate this rifle is. Where was Quality Control when this piece came off the line?

• Accuracy