Woolworths - www.woolworths.co.uk Review

mattibee's review of Woolworths - www.woolworths.co.uk

“Generally poor customer service from woolworths.co.uk....”

Written on: 03/11/2010 by mattibee (1 review written)

Generally poor customer service from woolworths.co.uk. Tried ordering using a promotional code I was given to place an order for £20 off of my first order, as I found out that they charge in full and then reimburse the money once they verify the code is valid I contacted their 'customer service' department.

All I wanted to know was whether I will or won't receive the discounted price for my order. This took 2 emails (apparently with 24hr response times!) and 1 phone call over 5 days to finally receive a response which was less than satisfying (something along the lines of, if you can't prove it was issued to you then you cant have it). I find this strange considering it was my first order and I am a brand new customer and was issued the code.

To sum it up, it seems like they rely on people placing the order, receiving the goods and waiting for their refund before deciding that it is too much hassle to send the gift back (or that it has already been given to the recipient - after all who's going to take a gift back off of someone because they didn't get their discount), therefore leaving Woolworths charging £45 for something that in other shops would be £30-35.

• Game £45