Reebok i-Rower Review

From 1 review

Guest's review of Reebok i-Rower

Reebok i-Rower

“This review is for the I Rower (both Orange and white...”

Written on: 02/11/2010

This review is for the I Rower (both Orange and white and Black and white versions).

This is a magnetic rower which has a quiet wheel when rowing gently but gets a bit clunky when you put some effort into it.

The seat sqeaks a lot when rowing due to having plastic runners on a metal bar. Also, where metal meets plastic, you will get further squeaking (the upright at the back of the machine; where the footplate meets the wheel). This drives me nuts!

But the reason for reviewing two versions is that I have just broken my second machine. The footplate is made of 2mm plastic (approx) that, when you put pressure on it when rowing, something that you cannot avoide, the plastic cracks across the middle, then starts to crack around the edges, then bits fall off. Then the plastic that joins the left foot to the right foot cracks.

Also, the LCD screen is very dull so prepare to have a spotlight on it if you want to see it.

Lastly, don't even think about a refund. Reebok don't do it and Fitness Superstore will only offer a credit note. So, I will just have to keep phoning Reebok for free replacement parts until someone see sense.

In short, this machine looks nice but has poor design and cheap materials.

Written on: 05/09/2011

I agree, this is made with cheap materials and the foot plates just crack and break until haardly anything left of it. My wheel has just broken and i would definatley not get another i rower or use Reebok again.

Shasim's Comment

Written on: 10/01/2013

I totally agree!!
Previous I had a cheap machine, which was much better and lasted for 3 years. Then I thought that it was time for something better and bought an i-Rower 2, but I'm really disappointed in this machine.
It's making a lot of noise, the drag is bumpy, the foot-plates don't fit my (small) feet, and they can not be adjusted.
Also the screen is impossible to see. Placed beneath the cord and with no light.
This is a really bad machine - Don't buy an i-Rower!

Written on: 05/01/2012

Hi, same here, I confirm what has been mentionned in the previous comment for the seat squeaking and getting blocked (oiling the metal bar seems to resolve the issue), but the more annoying is also the plastic footplate that starts to break and I have only had it for a few months. Does the manufacturer offer free replacement with the garantee?

Written on: 31/10/2011

Yes i have broken the footplate which was replaced and have just broken the wheel. Very poor design.