Dream World Travel Review

Gembrini's review of Dream World Travel

“If I could leave a minus score on the rating stars, I...”

Written on: 01/11/2010 by Gembrini (2 reviews written)

If I could leave a minus score on the rating stars, I would. This company is the worst company i have ever dealt with, and I will never use them again, or recommend them.

We booked our tickets to Cape Town via Dubai in January. I was told at the time I could pay a deposit, and the balance a month before departure. We decided to pay the balance of the tickets off early so in August I called to pay the balance on our debit card, which is how we paid the deposit. This is when the problems began.

They told me that the flight prices had increased by £140 per ticket. I argued for a couple of days with them as they had not contacted me to warn me of any fare increase, and when i booked, i was told the price was confirmed for me. I looked online at other reviews for this company and began to get suspicious, so I called Emirates who told me there were no seats booked for me. When I asked for my money back from them, I was told I could not have it back and that I had entered into a contract with them. I argued and argued with them for three days - they kept hanging up on me, and each time i got through, the person i had been speaking to had mysteriously either gone home, or was busy, so I had to start again. I tried to go halves with them in the £140 per ticket difference, but they weren't havin it, so I ended up paying it. I was then told I couldnt pay by card as i had done for the deposit, but that they had lost the facility, so I had to pay it direct into their bank account. Alarm bells rang again and I rang atol who they were regestered with, but they told me that aslong as I got a receipt and checked when paying the money in that the account name was the company name, then it was fine. I paid the money in, then had a week of problems getting them to issue me with a company receipt stating that the balance was nill.

I was given a date when my tickets would be issued, had the receipt and thought my problems were over, but they had only just begun.

Two week s before we were due to travel, I still had not got the tickets. I rang every day and was promise every day that I would have them by 3pm the next day. This went on for a week.. When asked to speak to Omer the manager, I was always told he was busy with other people. I always demanded to be kept on hold till he was free, but i always ended up being cut off. One time I called them on my landline and two mobile phones, put on hold on all of them, and eventually they got the message and i begun to get some answers. It turned out that they had not paid the consolidator on time and my seats had been cancelled. They asked if I could change my flight dates - 5 days before i was due to travel. I told them I could not as I had things already planned and booked out in South Africa to corespond with the dates on my flights. They started getting very agressive with me when I told them I was going to conact atol. I contacted atol anyway and found out that they no longer have their atol licence, even though on their website they state an atol number and also still tell customers they are atol protected. As of today (30/10/10) they have not been atol licenced for the past two months.

I was preparing to travel down to London to see them face to face to demand my tickets, but miraculously they sent me my Etickets, literally a couple of days before I was due to travel. I believe they only did this as I have reported them to atol and trading standards.

The days before a holiday should be exciting, but instead mine were so so stresfull and I became quite ill with it all. I will never ever use them again, and I would never ever recommend them. They will rip you off and cause you nothing but stress.

Have you booked through this tour operator before?