Kodak EasyShare DX6490 Review

• Image Quality

• Battery Life

Guest's review of Kodak EasyShare DX6490

Kodak EasyShare DX6490

“Excellent digital camera! I have 2 of these. I have a...”

Written on: 01/11/2010

Excellent digital camera! I have 2 of these. I have a friend that had one for over 6 years taking thousands of photos. There are design flaws, the hands on engineering is not that good. Where you hold the right side should be more room for fingers. the menu wheel is not easily turned by your thumb as the newer Kodaks are. The joystick is the weak link of this camera. It will break if not handled very carefully. My friends went out after 5 years of use. Some get only a year or so. Kodak has since done away with this engineering flaw. I wish it had never been in production! Oh well, buy a newer Kodak! I would like to take the engineer to task that created this joystick and hand hold nightmare! Kodak has the best overall camera for the $$$. Excellent optics and photo technology! The DX6490 was a prototype for the newer Kodaks. All the design flaws have been corrected!

• Battery Life