Brita Aqua Fountain Water Filter Chiller Review

• Style

• Service & Support

Guest's review of Brita Aqua Fountain Water Filter Chiller

Brita Aqua Fountain Water Filter Chiller

“We are on our third Brita Breville Aqua Fountain over...”

Written on: 31/10/2010

We are on our third Brita Breville Aqua Fountain over the last 2 years. First broke down after a month or so and was relaced by retailer. The current one was kindly replaced by Britta themselves after an email conversation! It broke down a few days before the 1 year warranty expired. Instead of replacing with original (which was basic white) it was replaced with no fuss by the silver all singing lights blazing one which has behaved well.....until now (about 8 months). It has now started making groaning noises as it chills, doesn't chill consistently and has sometimes refused to dispense water! My husband is convinced there is an air lock as when removing the drain plug underneath nothing came out! But through tipping and persistent fiddling we now have water again but for how long? After this the first few batches smelt very odd but as on each filter change I always sterilise with Milton as per instructions it does worry me what is going on inside! We are also considering plugging it into a timer so its not on whilst we are asleep. This one has about 3-4 months left on warranty. If it breaks down after that I don't think I will bother with another but will revert to the old fridge style one.

• More than 1 year