Lewis Carpets Review

supertone's review of Lewis Carpets

“Having bought a property for a buy to let we decided...”

Written on: 30/10/2010 by supertone (3 reviews written)

Having bought a property for a buy to let we decided to purchase carpets and vinyl from Lewis carpets in St Lawrence near Ramsgate. The sales person recommended a budget carpet which was said to be of good quality and hard wearing. We also purchased vinyl.

The attraction of buying from Lewis Carpets was free fitting, underlay, grippers etc. We of course realise that you don't get something for nothing and these costs are added on to the price of the carpet.

When the carpet fitter turned up to lay the carpet he told us that we should have taken up the old carpet. He did take up the carpet himself and dumped it outside the front door. He also said that we did not need the floors boarding to which the vinyl was to be fitted even though the estimator had told us it was necessary and we had paid for that service. He did board the floors for us when I said that I would like it done however. The standard of carpet fitting was very good and we were very pleased with it.

When the carpet fitter left he told us they did not take away the old carpet so we now have a garage full of old carpet to get to the dump. When I spoke to Lewis carpets I was told that if we wanted old carpets to be taken up and disposed of it was at extra cost. This was not made clear to us when we purchsed the carpets.

We did discover a run in one of the pieces of carpet on the stairs which the fitter replaced from the scraps of carpet we had left over when he returned the following day to lay some vinyl which was discovered to be faulty previously.

I also pointed out a that here the carpet on the landing had a distinct line in it which was different from the overal patern. The gentleman from Lewis Carpets agreed but said because it was budget carpet they would not be prepared to do anything about it.

Overall I was disappointed with the service and I will not be using Lewis Carpets again.

• Carpet