Early Learning Centre - www.elc.co.uk Review

Guest's review of Early Learning Centre - www.elc.co.uk

“I placed an order with ELC for 8 items and received a...”

Written on: 29/10/2010

I placed an order with ELC for 8 items and received a confirmation email they would be delivered within 4 days. 4 days later I received a delivery - this consisted of only 1 of the 8 items (toy Story Scalextric). I waited a further 2 days assuming the rest of the order would arrive. When it did not I telephoned ELC only to be advised they were expeiencing problems with their couriers and it would take them a few days to get a response from the couriers so I would need to call back 3 days later. I did so to be advised they could not trace the remainder of my items therefore would need to re-order however by this time one of the items was out of stock (i had purchased it online at half price) so they would refund me. They could quite easily have obtained one from their stores (who still have plenty of stock) or sent me a voucher so i could purchase from one of the ELC stores. As the item is now full price I will not be buying it at this price as a point of principle - my son has therefore lost out. They accepted the money and committed to supply the goods - they should therefore supply. Why should my son lose out as they are clearly having problems with their couriers. The customer service level is appalling - being addvised I would need to call them back, the time it took them to look into the matter and the "too bad attitude". Clearly i will not be shopping from ELC again. To add insult to injury when the re-ordered good did arrive - one was missing!

• toys - £100+