St Thomas' Hospital London Review

• Waiting Time

• Cleanliness

kirsty88's review of St Thomas' Hospital London

St Thomas' Hospital London

“I went to St Thomas' after receiving poor treatment...”

Written on: 28/10/2010 by kirsty88 (88 reviews written)

I went to St Thomas' after receiving poor treatment elsewhere and I have nothing but good things to say about the treatment i received here. I was diagnosed with Uveitis. The staff at St Thomas' recognised the seriousness of my condition, explained everything to me and altered my medication schedule when my eye wasnt responding to treatment. In the eight weeks since i fist went there i have been to see one of their Drs five times (the hospital i originally went to scheduled me ONE follow up appointment on 6th Nov, leaving 10 weeks between original assessment and follow up).

I originally went to the A&E dept on the Sunday of the August bank holiday. I was seen by the Opthamologist fairly quickly and was out within 2 hours. She scheduled for me to come back the following Thursday and told me to just drop in to their eye-casualty dept. I had quite a wait this time, but i didnt mind so much as i appreciated that they could fit me in at all. I have since attended a Uveitis clinic regularly and my eye is now back to normal thanks to the care and attention i received from the staff at St Thomas'.

• A&E, Eye Clinic