True Blood Review

reviewkitten's review of True Blood

“I missed watching True Blood the first time round when...”

Written on: 28/10/2010 by reviewkitten (295 reviews written)

I missed watching True Blood the first time round when it was aired on FX in the UK. It was always on too late and I didn't want to get dragged into a show that might turn out to be a stinker or waste 6 years of my life for a pointless ending (Lost...). So I waited. It came out on Blu Ray so I thought I'd give it a whirl on Lovefilm. So glad I did. It has a sharp script with generally great actors (the only one strangely who is not that great is Anna Paquin), it's funny, dark and very sexed up...much like my favourite show Twin Peaks. OK so the sex scenes are pretty full on but the overall story of a small southern town that has to start dealing with it's vampire population is a great spin on a very well worn tale.

There are strong plays on American history with an on going debate over vampire rights, much like the civil liberties during the 60's. If you haven't watched it yet. I strongly suggest you hunt it down. You'll soon have your favourite characters (Lafayette and Eric are mine).