Net-A-Porter www.net-a-porter.com Review

Guest's review of Net-A-Porter www.net-a-porter.com

“I'm relieved to find I'm not the only disappointed...”

Written on: 25/10/2010

I'm relieved to find I'm not the only disappointed customer. They charge the most P&P I have ever paid in my life (£10 for DHL week days 9am - 5pm; for that obscene amount of money I would expect next day, longer hours, and weekends), which is ironic given with most other companies - when you spend the amounts you invariably spend with Net-a-Porter, you get free delivery.

You are not allowed to specify delivery instructions eg leave with a neighbour (even if you contact NAP or DHL directly; I have tried both, and even DHL say that the sender does not permit items to be left with a neighbour - I've never heard of such a thing). I tried explaining to the idiots at NAP that I work Mon - Fri 9-5 to pay for the items I have ordered from them. Thus how was I ever going to receive them? After an unsurprising failed delivery from DHL (they didn't even leave a card), my only option was to get NAP to recall the item from DHL, and I am currently awaiting a refund.

What a load of rubbish! Even worse considering the high-end items they are selling, and the extortionate P&P. And given the value of the items they are selling, the website is rubbish. If I'm spending hundreds/thousands, I expect to have an excellent idea of each item I'm looking at, with lots of close-up shots, zoom, spin, videos etc.

• £700