Redfern Eurosteam Review

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

Guest's review of Redfern Eurosteam

“I bought this iron on a sewing show 3 years ago. At...”

Written on: 23/10/2010

I bought this iron on a sewing show 3 years ago. At home I noticed that a piece broke off. When I tried to contact the customer service, I thought that this company is actually not existing. Neither e-mail nor telephone was answered. So I thought that $300 were a waist. 3 weeks and several e-mails later I finally got a mail from them. But as an inpatient sewer I tried the iron meanwhile, liked it and never send it in.(warranties anyway do not cover labor)

Once it's heated up to steam (after studying the manual!!!!) and waiting... for at least 5 minutes)it works really good. But my old Rowenta heated up in 15 seconds. The refill takes time too and is actually dangerous. My Roventa could be filled up when it was hot. You have to turn the knob forever with its squieking noise. HOPEFULLY YOU NEVER GET OUT OF WATER WHEN YOU'RE IN A RUSH.

I also can not sew on traced stuff, the Rowenta does it in seconds with dark lines.

I also find it way too complicated. I tried to clean it but the vinegar solution destroyed the soleplate. I now have to find out how to clean it properly. Any suggestions?I lost the CD.

I think it could be a great iron but they brought it way too early onto the market. And I have the feeling that they manipulate interested people, because I heard a person saying how great it was when I was still hesitating to buy it because I never spent that amount of money for just an iron.

Here are some pluses:I like the weight because the heavyness helps ironing. It really burns nothing despite the sole plate is hot.

But if I had something to iron and the choice, I would grab the Rowenta! Especially to escape my husbands laugher about the Eurosteam.

• More than 1 year