Bissell 1698K Powerwash Proheat with Turbobrush Professional Deep Cleaner Review

Guest's review of Bissell 1698K Powerwash Proheat with Turbobrush Professional Deep Cleaner

“I have just repaired a Proheat 1698 for a friend. In...”

Written on: 23/10/2010

I have just repaired a Proheat 1698 for a friend. In doing so I read all the reviews particularly noting that there were so many with no water flow to the sprays. This was the case with this machine. The problem was caused by scale from the heater blocking the outlet from the heater to the sprays. To cure this the tool holder needs to be removed (2 bolts and 2 screws), then lift the handle away. Remove 2 screws lower down on the body and push the clip at the top in the recess where the trigger operates a valve plunger. This then gives access to the pipes and heater that can easily be removed and cleaned. I am surprised that Bissel do not recommend using soft water in this machine as the hose ports are small and easily blocked. Without this problem I am sure that the machine would have a much better rating!

Pchaplain's Comment

Written on: 19/01/2011

I found this review very helpful because i have had exactly the same problem with the machine and it helps to know the possible answer to the problem, particularly as the customer service at Bissell is obviously inundated with enquiries as I had great difficulty getting through to them and eventually gave up!

Johndjasper's Comment

Written on: 02/09/2014

Very helpful. I live in a hard water area so this could be my current problem. The unit worked well until Bissell changed to concentrated cleaner which gelled up the pipes and I had to replace the pump and clean out the pipes to get it going again but now it has stopped working again.

Rigsbysouth's Comment

Written on: 09/04/2011

THIS WORKS!!!! Read this just before I was taking machine to repair shop so had nothing to loose. Its worth a try as it save me £70!!!!
<br/>Only difficulty was releasing the metal clips round hoses.Use a pair of plyers to pinch clips together then slide clip up hose - no need to take them off. I used a fine needle in spray holes and blew down hoses to clear.Once I put machine back together I ran warm clean water through system.If I can do this - anyone can!!!Its easy
<br/>Thank you for this tip