Bairstow Eves - www.bairstoweves.co.uk Review

Guest's review of Bairstow Eves - www.bairstoweves.co.uk

“Ok. My experience of estate agents up until now has...”

Written on: 22/10/2010

Ok. My experience of estate agents up until now has been pretty good- but what a comedown. The staff at Bairstow Eves were pushy and abrupt over the phone, "I don't know if you're qualified" (for a mortgage) the Agent said huffily, and put me down for an appointment with their advisors. Well, I wouldn't be flathunting if I wasn't 'qualified'!! She also complained about customers she had taken to view the property I was interested in, which I thought was unprofessional. Anyway, I cancelled the appointment the following day: "can I ask WHY" said the Agent, rather sharply, and I simply stated that I didn't actually need it ( I should have said 'mind your own business'!). While I did not rate their customer service highly, I decided it was one of those annoyances one has to deal with when looking for a property, so I let it go.

Viewing Day: I live 2hrs away from the property I wanted to view, and made the journey especially (on my day off). They are aware of this and I have stressed several times that I live on the other side of Greater London and it is difficult for me to get across town. I received a phone call from the Agent just before 11am to confirm that I was on my way- I was on the train, and in good time. All good so far.

I reached the final stage of my journey a short while later, and received a phonecall from the same Agent, carefully explaining that the owner of the property took the keys back to do a metre reading, and would return the keys 4 days later, which is no good to me! She did apologize and sounded like she meant it.

So they clearly had not checked that the keys were available that morning (they certainly didn't mention this in their first phonecall) and they must have only realised this with 30 mins to spare. By this time, I had already traveled across London, map in hand, heading for an area I am not very familar with. A waste of my time and money. Why not check that everything is available for a viewing to go ahead, well before the actual viewing?

My advice? Please, don't deal with these guys unless you really have to...not worth the stress.

• Buy Property