Gamo Shadow 1000 Review

• Accuracy

• Handling

Guest's review of Gamo Shadow 1000

“I have used my 4.5mm Shadow 1000 with 4x32 scope and a...”

Written on: 16/10/2010

I have used my 4.5mm Shadow 1000 with 4x32 scope and a silencer for Indian Mynah control for over 6 years. It took about 1000 rounds to settle down and stop dieseling - so buy some cheap pellets and shoot cans for a while - AVOID ALL OIL IN CYLINDER. The best ammo so far has been H&N Hollow Point - they shoot fast and flat , not much expansion but good penetration and energy transfer - perfect for head shots at 10-20m. It doesnt like heavy pellets or the plastic hunting things.

Grouping is very good at 15 m I can keyhole 4 out of 5. Its a bit heavy and the silencer gets in the way but does not alert the other birds - still makes a lowd spring clunk tho. This is NO TOY use with respect.

• Accuracy

• Handling

Guest's Comment

Written on: 16/11/2011

Hey bud I have a shadow 1000 with a scope to , and I wanted to know where did you get your silencer , or is it home made?