Bose Wave® Music System Review

• Sound Quality

mikeswan's review of Bose Wave® Music System

Bose Wave® Music System

“I must first declare an interest. I own a Bose centre...”

Written on: 10/10/2010 by mikeswan (1 review written)

I must first declare an interest. I own a Bose centre of Excellence in Leicester called Around Sound but I am also a Wave CD player (Bose name, WMS) owner. From a personal point of view, I use it as a bedside / bed room device and it's on all the time I am in the room. I concede it would be better with DAB built in but the world we live in means you need more boxes what ever you start with so I now have an Revo internet radio plugged in and that's great too!.

I am so perplexed by how much bad press the Bose gets. Let me tell you about a true experience that happen last week. A chap came in for a Vita R4 Radio / CD / DAB / Dock. We sell Vita and from a business point of view I do better selling a Vita R4 than a Bose WMS. However we have the two side by side and always do a complete and unbiased demonstration using either the customers CD or their choice from our extensive collection.

One in five people buy a Vita R4. They are the people who usually have listened to 'proper hi-fi' and appreciate the detailed enthralling sound of the Vita. The other 4 people buy a Bose because it gives them amazing power and involving performance from a small box (even with the DAB adapter).

We don't force either item on people, we don't express a preference, we let our customers decide and 4 out of 5 buy a Bose.

I can only assume all the people who criticise Bose resent other peoples freedom of expression to buy what they think is good or feel that Bose buyers are not capable of making an informed choice them selves. Maybe the Bose haters will turn on Marmite next. Many people don't like Marmite which is fare enough but they certainly don't put so much effort into telling others they should not eat it. After all, Bose give a 30 day money back with no quibble and in 6 years we have only taken part in 2 refunds following our sales.

Back to my experience. A chap who played Piano and Organ and who has a huge collection of music came in to buy a Vita but after listening bought Bose. He was amazed by the sound and size of the Bose and for him the Bose was the right choice.

If you are ever passing, please pop in, with your music and see what you think. Stoneygate shops in Leicester has many shops so if your partner is not into music there will be something else for them to look at.

• Sound Quality

• Over 1 Year

Time Mini System Owned

Datadiffusion's Response to mikeswan's Review

Written on: 29/03/2012

Yes, there is a lot of unfair anti-bose sentiment out there, and I can kind of see why - you get a good product but you really do pay too much for it. But I can totally appreciate that not everyone wants ugly black boxes in their kitchen or bedroom just to get 'hifi sound' from typically compressed DAB and FM stations...