Phoenix Critical Illness www.phoenixlife.co.uk Review

From 1 review
  • Customer service

Guest's review of Phoenix Critical Illness www.phoenixlife.co.uk

“Would give this company a negative star rating if...”

Written on: 10/10/2010

Would give this company a negative star rating if possible. Avoid, avoid, avoid.

Had a nightmare over 5 years trying to claim. They refused to tell me what medical evidence I needed to provide in order to meet the policy definition. I doubt many people would take out a policy if they knew this fact at the outset.

They lied to me (I have documentary evidence) when they were pressuring me to see their medical consultant.

They ignored the opinion of my GP, and my NHS Consultant. I paid for reports from 2 further specialist consultants and these were dismissed on the grounds that the reports weren't impartial because I had paid for them. I asked for a full explanation as to why they were continuing to refuse my claim. They told me to get this information I would have to make an application under the Data Protection Act!!!

Yet they were happy to accept the opinion of their Chief Medical Officer who presumably they were paying, and who never saw me in person!

They manufactured 'co-conditions' (in the absence of and contrary to medical evidence) which they said also needed treatment.

They only paid up when I got a solicitor involved and they decided that it was not cost effective to continue refusing my claim.

Have you made a claim?